The Computer Science and Information Systems journal (JCR, impact factor 2016 = 0.837) is editing a special issue entitled Convergence of Machine Learning Paradigms and Multimedia Cloud Network Systems for Global IT systems.
Aims and Scope
Due to rapid growth and advancement of cloud technology, responsive systems are used therewith generating a huge volume of data in a variety of formats, especially multimedia data. Recently, the development of multimedia technology has played a significant role in exchanging, sharing of data and information at a larger extent in the global IT industry field. Consequently, the fast development of Internet technologies has raised the need for in-depth convergence of machine learning paradigms in energy-aware management of computing resources and cloud-based multimedia sharing platform for Global IT systems to efficiently control and reduce ecological and societal impacts. Moreover, significance of machine learning approaches in multimedia cloud network system for global IT systems would be feasible and sound. The aim of this special issue is to integrate machine learning paradigms, advanced data analytics, and optimization opportunities to bring more awareness on applicability and usefulness of distributed multimedia services in Global IT systems. Further, it is imperative to note that machine learning paradigms and its intelligence techniques has not been adequately investigated from the perspective of multimedia cloud based service management framework and its related research issues. Furthermore, in this context, there are many intertwined noteworthy issues (QoS-aware service composition, spatial computing, biologically inspired learning and adaption in self-configuration of network services surveillance system, etc) that need to be addressed in the context of multimedia cloud networking system in convergence with machine learning in global IT systems. Obviously, these challenges also create immense opportunities for researchers.
Hence, the primary aim of this special issue is to disseminate the application of machine learning approaches/models and its related branches such as evolutionary computation, neural networks, artificial immune systems, swarm intelligence, and so on in multimedia cloud systems for global IT systems. We cordially invite investigators to contribute their original research articles, with an emphasis on real-life applications, as well as review articles that will stimulate further activities in this area and improve our understanding of the key scientific problems.
Topics of Interest
We seek original and high quality submissions related to one or more of the following topics:
- Machine learning and nature-inspired smart hybrid systems for Multimedia Cloud Environment for global IT systems
- Machine learning algorithms for Multimedia Cloud Service Management for e-governance
- Nature-inspired metaphors for Pervasive Service Ecosystems for IT industry
- Biologically inspired framework for multimedia services in a ubiquitous environment for global IT systems
- Bioinspired methods for energy optimization in distributed environments (cloud, mobiles, etc.)
- Modelling and optimizing bioinspired algorithms energy consumption.
- Cloud computing and machine learning hybrid architecture for multimedia streaming
- Mobile forensics for Cloud computing for global IT sector
- Artificial Immune Systems modelling and applications for Cloud security applications
- Pervasive multi-agent systems with nature-inspired coordination
- Intelligent optimization in resource allocation for distributed cloud via nature-inspired computing for IT service management models
- Privacy and security issues in multimedia cloud for global IT systems
- Energy efficiency in data centres and cloud-based multimedia services for IT industry
- Nature-inspired cyber threat intelligence methods and systems for global IT
- Resource allocation in multimedia clouds (for energy efficiency, cost minimization, etc.
- December 15, 2017: Deadline for paper submission to editors
- December 21, 2017: Pre-screening decision from editors
- February 15, 2017: First-round decision notification
- April 15, 2018: Final decision notification
- June 15, 2018 (tentative): Publication of SI
Unpublished manuscripts or extended versions of the papers that have been published in related conference proceedings are welcome. All submissions must be original and not currently under review for publication elsewhere. All submitted papers will be peer reviewed using the normal standards of the journal. By submitting a paper to this issue, the authors agree to referee one paper (if so required) within the time frame of the special issue. Accepted papers will have a publishing fee of 300 EUR.
Dr. David Camacho
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
Dr. Arun Kumar Sangaiah
VIT University, Vellore, India
Dr. Neil Y.(Yuwen) Yen
University of Aizu, Japan
Dr. Joel J.P.C. Rodrigues
National Institute of Telecommunications, Brazil; Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
Dr. Carlos Cotta
University of Malaga, Spain